Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in authorization forms (online or in physical format) through our clients when We provide services to them or directly to Us including your full name, passport number, national ID number, email address, address, telephone number, Pearson VUE registration ID, staff number/employee code, seat/roll/hall ticket number, registration/enrolment/licence number, bank account details/receipt number and any personal information contained within any scanned or photographed documentation you provide to Us.
- If you contact Us, the information you provide when you contact Us and We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- With regard to each of your visits to the DataFlow Corporate website We will automatically collect the information set out below in the section entitled ‘Cookies, log – files, location data and access to personal data through social media platforms’.
Where We need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract We have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, We may not be able to perform the contract We have or are trying to enter into with you. In this case, We may have to cancel a product or service you have with Us but We will notify you if this is the case at the time.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED AND USED BY DATAFLOW
We use personal data for the following purposes:
- Where We receive information directly from you or from any third party in relation to any verification service We are providing to you, to provide these services to you. The legal basis for this use of your personal data is that processing is necessary for the performance of our contract with you. Where We process and collect personal data relating to criminal convictions or offences, We will obtain your express consent before processing and collecting such data;
- Where We receive information about you from Our clients, directly from you or from any third party in relation to any verification service We are providing to Our clients, to verify the personal data you provide to Us (including via third parties), analyse that personal data in conjunction with the results of Our searches, and report to Our clients on the accuracy and authenticity of the personal data you have provided. We will obtain your express consent before collecting processing and processing your personal data for this purpose;
- To collect and compile statistical data on Our user base in order to improve Our services and for research and analytical purposes. The legal basis for this use is that it is necessary for Our legitimate interests to define types of customers for Our products and services, to keep Our website updated and relevant, to develop Our business and to inform Our marketing strategy;
- For use of online services available on Our website and for subscription to Our newsletter. The legal bases for these uses is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you and necessary for Our legitimate interest to grow Our business;
- To improve Our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising We serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- For the marketing purposes set out below in the section entitled ‘Use and Transfer of your Personal Data for Direct Marketing’. The legal basis for this use it that it is necessary for Our legitimate interests to develop Our products/services and grow Our business;
- Making disclosures as required by any applicable law, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement purposes, investigations by police or other government or regulatory authorities in countries We operate or elsewhere. The legal basis for this use is that it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation; and
- Conducting searches of publicly available and private databases via Our CrossCheck service (https://www.crosscheck360.com/aboutus.php) to cross reference and match the personal data you provide to Us (your name and work history) to other personal data held about you, in accordance with applicable law. The legal basis for this use of your personal data is that processing is necessary for the performance of Our contract with you or, where We process and collect personal data relating to criminal convictions or offences, We will obtain your express consent before processing and collecting such data.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
To facilitate the purposes set out above, We may transfer, disclose, grant access to or share your personal data (whether within or outside the countries We operate) with:
- Any other companies in our Group, including, without limitation, CrossCheck Private Limited in connection with our CrossCheck service referred to above;
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers;
- Regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances;
- Third-party companies who help Us provide and improve our services such as:
- to assist with our verification process where we may not be able to do it ourselves (only used in extreme circumstances);
- to help Us understand and improve the use of our Services, such as Google Analytics; and
- to Google, Inc (Global) and Amazon Web Services (Ireland and Singapore) for providing cloud-based hosting, storage and processing services.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You acknowledge that when you provide personal data to us you are transferring your personal data outside of the country from which you applied, or
All information you provide to Us is stored on our secure servers. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure of your personal data or prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost.
USE AND TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING
We will use your personal data to send marketing communications to you and transfer your personal data to selected third parties (including for gain) to provide you with direct marketing about products, services and opportunities which may be of interest to you within the Classes of Marketing Subjects (as defined below) where We have obtained your prior consent to do so. Direct marketing may be provided to you by email, mail, fax, phone or other means.
You can exercise your right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting our Data Security Office via the Support Page on the DataFlow Corporate website.
Personal data used for direct marketing
We intend to use your name, your address, your phone number, your email address and any information obtained from any third-party site that you have linked to your DataFlow account for direct marketing.
Classes of marketing subject
We intend to use the personal data described above to send you promotions relating to products which we feel may be of interest to you (the “Classes of Marketing Subject”).
Classes of transferees for direct marketing
COOKIES, LOG – FILES, LOCATION DATA AND ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
If you visit any of our websites, We may collect information about your computer, including where available your Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser type and to report aggregate information to our advertisers, including number of visits, average time spent on the site, or pages viewed.
We may collect your location data in order to keep track of your activity patterns and preferences so that We can improve the level of service you receive. Your location data may be combined with other information We receive from third parties to provide you with a better service.
If you interact with Us on social media platforms (for example if you “Like” our Facebook Page or post on our timeline), We can interact with you and send you messages via these platforms. We will interact with you in accordance with the social media platform’s rules but We are not responsible for how the platform operators collect and handle your personal data. We are not responsible for what third parties post on our social media accounts.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
We will retain your personal data for a period of 15 years from the time of case completion in order to provide responses to enquiries from you, our clients, or the regulatory authorities we supply your report to, or to provide you with Report Transfer services where you may wish to use the report in order to support a transfer to an alternative or future regulator or to a future employer. After this period of time the personally identifiable information related to your cases is either deleted or made anonymous. Case completion is normally at the point of producing the report but this may vary depending upon the complexity of the case or where an appeal, a request for further review, or report transfer situation occurs.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- request access to, correction or erasure of the personal data We hold about you;
- request the restriction of processing of your personal data;
- object to processing of your personal data where We are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground; and
- request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
We provide applicants with access to obtain a copy of their data and to ensure that maintained data is up-to-date and accurate. Most data can be updated by the individual through our online systems. Where this is not the case, you may request access to, correction, adjustment, or erasure of your personal data, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that We transfer a copy of your personal data to another party by contacting the Data Security Office via the Support Page on DataFlow Corporate website. The Data Security Office may also be contacted in order to obtain a complete and portable set of data.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data or to exercise any of the other rights. However, We may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, We may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help Us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
We process these cases without undue delay and usually aim to complete such requests within 30 working days, at which point we will confirm what actions have been taken.
Should you be unhappy with our processing of your personal data, please let us know by contacting us via the Support Page of the DataFlow Corporate website.
USING OUR APP
Should you choose to use our mobile platform or Apps, you agree to the following terms.
We will access your camera in order to take photos and copies of documents. We will not access your photo library or camera roll without your explicit permission. We will only use images that you choose to share with us.
We will not access or scan your contacts stored on your mobile device without your explicit consent. We will only use the contacts that you choose to share with us which will help you with completion of the application process. We will not use the contact information for any other purpose unless we obtain your explicit permission.
We will access your calendar in order to place reminders and entries should you choose to accept them. We will not scan the calendar for any other details and will not copy data from your calendar.
We will not access your location unless you give us explicit permission. Should you choose to grant access to location facilities, we will only use this permission to access your location in order to better assist with the completion of the application process in the App.
We will access your devices network state in order to determine the status of network connectivity to DataFlow’s on-line services. This will allow us to provide a more seamless experience in the case of varying network
Read/Write to your storage
We will Read and Write data to the internal storage on your device in order to complete the application. We will only read the information to which you give us explicit consent, and we will only write data that is used for the purposes of the application process.
We will access the wifi state of your phone to determine the most optimal method of connecting to DataFlow’s services in order to complete the application process.
We will utilise the Vibrate function to provide feedback on the application process.